November 8

August 10th.

I knew that night had become a core memory when little things started bringing me back to it. 

I relive the memory when a cold shower hits me like the ocean did. Or when my shorts get stuck to my thighs when it rains. The feeling of nostalgia washes over me like waves crashing on my back. I remember that August night all too well.

Hearing the sounds of footsteps crunching in the sand or water dripping on wood planks feels like it’s 1:24 am again. The sound of strangers’ voices yelling and laughing still give me that uneasy but intrigued feeling. I still feel that adrenaline when I think of that breezy summer night.

I can’t stop a smile come over my face when I see those specific shorts in my closet. Or when I see that one beach boy’s Instagram pop up on my feed. Sometimes it even makes me laugh. Especially when I see the brown Ocean City Maryland sweatshirt that I got the next morning when we were supposed to be delivering that guy’s shorts back, but never got the chance to. Just thinking about it gives me a hit of dopamine.

August 10th wasn’t just a memory, it was a bunch of feelings. I would give anything to go back to that night, so I reminisce about it every time a feeling brings me back.

Posted November 8, 2022 by miawynn in category Personal Writing

About the Author

hi

2 thoughts on “August 10th.

1. msvirgin

This makes me so interested in what happened that night to have such an impact on your lasting memory. I am curious but also satisfied with the hints you give. I love how you leave the reader guessing!

Reply