April 2

Ocean city

It was a warm breezy night in ocean city New Jersey. The day started off well, me and Hannah were tanning by the pool when we saw a group of people who looked our age coming to the pool as well, we didn’t think much about it and went back to tanning, after we tanned for the majority of the day we decided to drive around the campsite because the site gave you free golf carts. Fast forward we became friends with all of the kids our age and we planned to hang out with them all, that night. Me and Hannah went back to her camper to get ready for the night and the vibes were good. Eventually we met up with Burns, Allyssa, Ty, Sean, and Frank and we all decided that we were going to hang out on the beach. It was really fun we all talked and hung out then me and hannah went off with Burns, Frank, Sean, and Ty and decided to drive around some more, so we all pile on to this golf cart me, Burns, and Frank in the front and Hannah, Sean, and Ty in the back. We’re just about to pull out of the driveway when Hannah decides that she needs to fix her shorts Frank didn’t realize that Hannah was standing up and it felt like time slowed down in the time span of 10 seconds Frank stepped on the gas as hard as he could sending hannah flying off the back of the golf cart. Hannah landed with the loudest thud I’ve ever heard causing Sean and Ty to go into a panic because Hannah was laying on the pavement in the positions you see on those fake murder cases that draw out the body not saying a word. Her bracelet shattered on the pavement causing everyone to think she shattered her teeth. Me Burns and Frank didn’t Notice she fell off at first so we kept driving until we heard Sean and Ty screaming STOP, STOP THE CART!! It felt like we were in a fast and furious scene the way that Frank drifted the golf cart to a stop, spinning a whole 360 degrees towards Hannah. Laying on the pavement looking all discombobulated, not making a sound, and not moving an inch Hannah stayed in that position for what felt like years. Causing everyone on the cart to start screaming to see if she was okay, finally she started to rise from the ground laughing, causing me to breathe a breath that felt like it was stuck in my lungs for decades. Hannah was okay and we all started laughing feeling nothing but relief that she wasn’t seriously hurt and only had a couple scrapes on her elbow and knees. After that we talked and laughed about what happened and continued to have a good time throughout the night.

Posted April 2, 2024 by angelines in category class writing

2 thoughts on “Ocean city

1. samgink

I like the sensory details you use throughout your writing, and developing a setting from the start.

Reply
  2. msvirgin

This is a fun and funny memory that includes really effective tension with the slow motion of the fall.

Reply