April 2

Bus Journey

The bus journey was a peaceful escape for my friend, Graham, who gradually sank deeper into his seat as the vehicle hummed down the road. His eyelids drooped slowly like curtains falling onto a stage as he closed his eyes. The engine’s soft drone and the gentle swaying of the bus eased him into a cozy slumber. His head tilted to the side, and his hair cascaded over his face like a delicate curtain, further obscuring his features. His rhythmic breathing produced a tender purr, similar to a contented cat. The bus’s warmth and the ride’s soothing motion created a snug cocoon around him, providing a comforting sense of security. The world outside the window became a whirl of colors and shapes, like a watercolor painting coming to life. The passing scenery blended in a dream-like haze as if he was watching a movie through half-closed eyes. The occasional flash of sunlight through the trees painted his face with warm hues, further adding to the dreamy effect. I pulled out my phone, stealthy as a spy, and took a quick photo of him. Suddenly, the bus driver announced their stop, jolting him awake. He sat up with a start, and his hair fell away from his face, revealing a sleepy smile. He and I shared a glance as he gathered his belongings and stepped off the bus. I shook with laughter at him as he smiled and stepped up into school.

Posted April 2, 2024 by solange t. in category class writing

1 thoughts on “Bus Journey

1. msvirgin

I love how you took such a simple and relatable moment like falling asleep during a bus ride and threw us right into it with your beautifully written details.

Reply