November 7

The Loss

The Loss

Walking through my home. The home I was raised in. not knowing this would be the last time I would be there. And the last time that I would see my family together and at peace. As the day started it went on as any other. My Mother waking me and my sister telling us to get ready for school. Me going down the long grassy hill my house stood on and Saying goodbye to my father as he got his machines ready to cut grass. Then walking down the long gravel road where the school bus would pick me up to take me to school. As the day came to an end I noticed how quiet the house had been. No shouting, no screaming, and as dinner came along sadness swept my sisters and mother’s eyes. as i looked at my mother holding papers with negative  numbers on it, she looked defeated like she lost something she had been fighting just for it to mean nothing in the end . At the time I wondered what was wrong with them. But as the day went along and I started to realize something was wrong. From my sisters moving boxes to my father walking around the house over a thousand times. As I sat at the window playing with legos and sipping my gatorade, I was told it was time to go by my mother. Thinking we were going somewhere fun i joyfully hopped of the window ledge walking down the the long beautiful hall that was painted with beautiful red paint, and the long red carpeted stairs way down to the largse kitchen where my grandmother would prepare dinner for me and my sibling, with the shelves and cabinet painted with glowing brown paint that made it look freshly painted. as we walked out the door. Me, my sisters, mother and father walked down the long gravel road. With my dad walking to the left, and my mother walking to the right with my sisters. both very far apart from each other and As we got to the end of the road my father and mother both turned to me asking who I was going with. Then it started to set in, we were leaving my childhood home and at that moment. I Was to choose two options of who I was going to live with. My mother or my father. But as I know now. It didn’t matter who I chose. Because the moment I lost my beautiful house. I lost my beautiful family

Posted November 7, 2022 by diegoja in category class writing

3 thoughts on “The Loss

1. miawynn

The plot twist at the end was so well written. It really made me feel for you. The first part of the story really hooked me and I love the way this is written! Great detail too. Love this:)

Reply
  2. leyf

I loved this story so much, i’m sorry that this happened to you and i hope things are better now. this story was sad but very well written.

Reply
  3. msvirgin

I’m so glad you chose this focus – you created a powerful and poignant piece of memory writing. It is both heartbreaking and nostalgic. The details you chose show how young you were and the descriptions of your home and family bring the reader right back into that day with you.

Reply