May 10

A snake met a chicken

One day, a snake met a chicken on a beach. It was like love at first sight, only they were just best friends. They walked all over the warm sand, searching for an item to play with. A seashell used for a frisbee? No, that could cut their skin. What about a broken boogie board in the trash? No, it wouldn’t even last one wave. Together, both their eyes shift to a family whose little boy was playing with a little purple ball. The father called him, shouting it was time to come inside and clean up. He left the ball behind and without a doubt, the snake slithered over to grab the ball.

“Maybe this isn’t such a good idea, the little boy could come back any minute” says chicken, with fear and guilt in his eyes. “Don’t be ridiculous, no boy would dare to mess with me” snake yells back at the fearful chicken. And so, they played catch with the purple ball. The sun setting behind them, the chicken gets distracted by the beautiful view. The ball lands straight into the ocean. “Are you kidding me, ugh, I guess I’ll get it.” the snake jumps into the water. 

The chicken is waiting on the beach for his friend to come back when all of a sudden, a dolphin appears walking up to him. “Hey there, I found this” the dolphin replies holding the purple ball. “Oh thank you so much,” the chicken says with relief. “Do you mind if I join you for a game of toss?” “Not at all! Let me go get my friend, he was looking for the ball” ask he walks towards the ocean, the snake sees the new blossoming friendship between the two and grows jealous. “There you are, dolphin found our ball and brought it back to me. Isn’t that so nice? Now we have someone else to join our game!” ecstatically said the chicken. “Yeah no, he is not playing with us, have you seen how big his fins are, he will destroy us, and oh gosh, his breath is horrid. I’m not playing with that big fool” says the snake knowing that the dolphin could hear him. The dolphin walked away sadly.

“Wait! Wait!!!” The chicken is screaming, running up to the dolphin. “Let’s go get some ice cream together” “I’m not so sure about that” the dolphin said. “I’m sorry he hurt you, that wasn’t cool and he’s not my friend anymore, I’m hoping you will be?” proposed the chicken. “I guess after all, I will take you up on that ice cream” 

Posted May 10, 2023 by julbaker in category Fiction Writing

1 thoughts on “A snake met a chicken