3 thoughts on “Nightmares

1. alexandra06

I see the deeper interpretation as the speakers intrusive thoughts haunting her.I believe the poem can be set in a bedroom when its time to fall asleep.

Reply
  2. gjuarez

I notice how the point of view changes throughout the story going from 1st person then to 3rd. You can tell the words change because it says “they” “she” “he” and then “I”. It’s like there two seperate poems going on at once. One stanza is the monsters and then the second stanza is the girl with the intrusive thoughts about the monsters. I found it difficult to read because I kept switching back and forth instead of reading one whole side and then the other side. Once I found out how to read it, it made it easier for me to understand. Overall I really like this poem, the two poems going on was a really good idea.

Reply
  3. bwikol

One intersting bit I like about this poem is that it’s told through the perspective of two narrators insetead of one. The tone of the poem is dark, while being gloomy. This resonates with me; I get dark dreams whe starting to fall asleep.

Reply