November 3

My first Dog

This is the day I got my first dog. I was 8 years old and I was on my way back from a party with my parents and we took a sudden stop at my uncle’s house. I walked inside with my mom and my first sight was a small kennel full of baby chihuahuas. I immediately knew what they were there for after that. My uncle walked out of his room and he told me to take my pick and take a chihuahua home. I looked at my mom in disbelief and thought that she wasn’t going to let me since I had been begging for a dog before, but no. Instead she looked at me and told me to pick anyone I wanted. There was a lot to choose from but I saw the smallest one there which was a black white and brown mixed chihuahua with its eyes still closed. I knew that was the one I wanted and I took him home. Choosing a name took a day but my mom ended up on Cocu. Cocu was with us for 2 years, before we got another dog and named her Cica. We had two chihuahuas named Cica and Cocu. We had them for a total of 5 years and eventually we had to give them away due to a lack of time that we had to spend with them, therefor they had to spend all day alone at home, and we thought it was unfair, but I will never forget who my first dogs where.

Posted November 3, 2023 by braulioa in category class writing

3 thoughts on “My first Dog

1. ilariaca

Awww, I’ve never met your dogs and I love them already. I know what it’s like to lose a dog, and it’s one of the worst feelings in the world. Dogs are so special and it sucks that they can’t live along with us for so long, but that’s what makes the years with them so special. You did a great job writing this, and I love your last sentence; it really hits home. Lovely job writing this!

Reply