May 8

Sleepington Asylum

Sleepington Asylum was haunted. We all knew it, but we just chose to ignore it. See, last night, my friends and I played truth or dare. I made the mistake of choosing “dare”, and I landed myself a night in Sleepington Asylum. The rules were simple, I couldn’t leave until 7 A.M. and I had to film everything, proof of me actually doing the dare, and then after, we were going to post it on youtube. Lucy jeered at me, “Hahaha I can’t believe you’re actually doing this.” Lucy said. Lilly laughed nervously and looked down at her feet. I sighed, “Yep, see you guys tomorrow morning.” I said monotonously. 

I got out of the car and walked towards the entrance. I peered behind me to see Lilly and Lucy gone already, their shiny crimson car was gone.

I looked up at the huge building. It was falling apart, the brick was old, and ivy covered up most of the gate. I slipped in between the metal bars, and stepped foot on Sleepinton Asylum. Before I went inside, I pulled out the go-pro and set it up. 

Sleepington Asylum was strange. Nothing was out of place, it was spick and span. The power was out too, so the only source of light was natural light, but the place was boarded up, so it was pitch black the further that I got in. I did happen to bring a flashlight and batteries just in case. I made my way into the dark building and left the door open. The floorboards creaked loudly beneath me. BAM! The door slammed behind me, and the structure of the building shook. “What the f-” I shouted. I was in complete and utter darkness. All of a sudden I heard another door slam. I whipped around and pointed the flashlight in the direction of the door slamming. I screamed, “WHO IS THAT??”  I ran through the hallway, and screamed bloody murder as I burst through the door. I saw a figure in the corner of the room and as I made eye contact with it, I lost consciousness and simply dropped to the ground. 

I woke up 2 hours later. Lilly and Lucy were kneeling beside me. “Are you okay?” Lilly asked gently. “What..why are you here..?” I asked weakly. “Well, we thought it would be funny if you know, we scared you..?” Lucy smiled as the words came out of her mouth. I stared at her blankly, in disbelief because WHAT? They set me up to spend a night in an allegedly haunted asylum and scare me? Then not only scare me, but trick me? I sat up, and glared at them. Without saying a word, I got up and left the dark asylum. I slammed the door behind me as Lilly and Lucy started to call for me. 

Leaves crunched beneath my feet as I walked away. All of a sudden, I hear a blood-curdling scream erupt from Sleepington Asylum. 

Posted May 8, 2024 by anniehenr in category class writing

4 thoughts on “Sleepington Asylum