May 6

The Night Before

I’m wide awake. I sit down on the itchy couch. 3 hours of sleep. 3. I think about the night before. The people I saw, how the weather was nice and warm, the loud music. It was all so perfect, until it wasn’t. The night ended in a haze. The memory of the crowd loud and scared is imprinted into my brain. The sounds of the gun. Everyone was so dressed up, long gowns and all, now covered in their blood. I start to wonder who would do such a terrible thing. Something that hurts everyone around them. My best friend comes and sits down next to me, tears rolling down her face.  She stayed over after the accident because she didn’t want to be alone. As I’m staring far into space I receive a text. It was an unknown number and a video was attached following a text saying “This will explain it all”. My heart sank to my chest, I ran to my room and opened the video. It was right in front of me, the person that was at fault for this miserable incident was on the other side of my phone. I knew who it was. I knew who did this to all of those people.

She was sitting right downstairs. 

Posted May 6, 2024 by aliafor in category Fiction Writing

4 thoughts on “The Night Before