January 9

Bang

The following piece is about a few highschool students who went through the traumatic situation of an invader at their high school where they traumatically lost a friend. This part explains two years after the incident and where they stand now.

TWO YEARS LATER

The aftermath

Dekato Wilson

It took a long time to get over Finn, honestly I was never and still am not completely over it. I still have trouble talking about it. I shouldn’t have made him come with me, we all should have sprinted. What if I did something different. Would Finn be alive? But an even more crazy question, would Roo and Ashton be dead? 

Ever since then Roo has become more outgoing, she joined cheerleading, stopped going to  counseling and overcame her depression a few months later, started to find herself from the trauma. She learned life’s too short and I think she started dating someone but she won’t tell me who. We are still friends. 

Monica really struggled after the whole thing. She didn’t really know how to cope for the first year, she went to a lot of counseling to help but she definitely struggled for awhile with guilt. She still goes but only once a month and she’s on meds. She hadn’t been around much but she returned and she’s doing a lot better than before. I’m proud of her from afar, she kind of pushed me away for awhile until she figured things out but I hope she knows we still love her.   

I am 16 now. After the incident I picked up the habit of drinking a little more but I cut back more with the help of Roo. Ashton and I have been going two years strong. I would never have thought I could say this but he is even more awesome than before. Good Grades as well as a great football player, good boyfriend, family helper and helps tutor kids, and well me sometimes. He made it into honors and joined photography club which is different from his other usual sports; football, basketball and lacrosse . Life has been increasingly getting better and even though I miss Finn everyday and it truly has taught me to take nothing for granted, taught me to be positive and much more. Thank you Finn.

Posted January 9, 2020 by angcallahan in category class writing