December 19

End of the World

For Next Time

I look up at the sky and watch the shuttle disappear into the clouds. I had put the people I love before myself, and now I’m paying the price. “Something to think about for next time,” I chuckle to myself before turning to face the asteroid racing towards earth, watching it grow bigger and bigger.

Her Final Minutes

I press my face to the window in an attempt to get one last glimpse at my sister.  I repeatedly wipe the fog off the window that keeps forming due to my heavy breaths against the glass. I break down crying as I realized she had spent her final minutes on earth saving my life.

Posted December 19, 2022 by martatr in category Fiction Writing

9 thoughts on “End of the World

1. rachelse

This is so good. The pictures add a special touch that allowed me to get a full understanding of what’s going on. I like that you show two different perspectives.

Reply
  2. bennettst

I like the different perspectives on the events that are happening. It shows how the two are feeling about what’s going on

Reply
  3. msvirgin

I love how the two different perspectives come together to create a stronger message and a more complete picture. You did a lot with so few words – well done!

Reply