November 4

Pool Party

The bright blue, chlorine filled water was vigorously splashing around. The screaming and yelling that resembled fun was echoing the surrounding areas. It was the perfect embodiment of a pool party. We wanted to end the summer with a bang, and this was the perfect way to do it. We all arrived, feeling the hot, sticky air, put our stuff down, and scurried into the water competing for the best jump. After that, we splashed around talking to each other. There were somewhere around 15 people at this pool. After a while, food got brought out, and we were drooling just smelling it. We all sat down at some tables on this empty Saturday afternoon, and we stuffed our faces with food. After enjoying the taste of pizza, wings, and more, we decided to head back into the pool. 

Splish splish splash splash splash splash. All I could hear was aggressive swimming as we entered a massive game of pool football. The rules were this: A normal game of football, but your head had to be brought underwater to be tackled. With 15 people packed into this small pool, the second you felt the wet leather touch your hands, you instantly had a lot of people chasing after you. After a football game full of rule breaking and yelling, we decided to just swim and talk for a while longer before heading out. I reflected on the long day later that night and realized it was a fun day.

Posted November 4, 2022 by bennettst in category class writing

3 thoughts on “Pool Party

1. valentinezr

I really enjoyed reading about this memory, this memory seemed like a really fun day for you. Your uses of description were great. You used all of the senses really well!

Reply
  2. msvirgin

This is a fun and specific memory – it brought me right back to my teenage years when pool parties and pizza filled my summer afternoons. I enjoyed the sensory detail of the wet leather – very specific!

Reply