November 1

Saying Goodbye.

It was a really cold day in february and mom had me and Nina home to go up to take you to the hospital.  I knew the second she said that. I should have gone. With her. “I’ll be less than hour” she said and she was gone. Well that hour passed and she wasn’t home and then she wasn’t home, then a few more hours passed and she still wasn’t home. Then 4:30 rolled around, the normal time that my dad comes home from work. He didn’t show. My toys had long been pushed to side; Nina bristly unawhere  to what is happening. I couldn’t let her see my panic. She was so small and Id hate to hurt. Two more hours passed and finally two cars pulled into the driveway; I heard the gravel under to tires; my parents. No words were spoken. My dad walked up and handed me a little black box. A box with your gold heart necklace. I felt it in my hands – iit had long gone cold. No emotions, no feelings, Nothing. I knew you were gone then. My favorite person gone and the worst part is…

I didn’t get to say goodbye.

Posted November 1, 2019 by Moon in category class writing

About the Author

mega sad yeehaw

2 thoughts on “Saying Goodbye.

1. sahiba singh

wow thats so sad. im so sorry. but really good story though. lots of figurative language use and good structure.

Reply
  2. Lucius

I can relate. When my beloved grandmother died, I never said a proper farewell to her. Even so, I hold onto my fond memories of her rather than the regret of not being with her. I think she would prefer it this way. I hope you can find similar solace.

Reply