November 11

Emerging from the Crypt

I was sitting on the floor in front of TV watching the Scary Godmother Spooktacular with my Scream robe on. My hooded skull mask was laying on top of my jack o lantern bag beside me. The glow coming from the TV illuminated the entire room creating a ring of light protecting me from the shadows of the dark. I peered through the window, wondering if people dressed as monsters and ghouls of the night were roaming the streets. Sadly, no one was out yet. The streets remained cold and empty with the only light shining being the streetlamp downhill. I quickly ran up the carpet covered stairs to my room. I hop up for the light switch frantically trying to turn the light on. I look through a drawer searching for a flashlight. I find the flashlight, shining into my eyes making sure it still works.

******

I finish watching the Spooktacular movie and gather all my belongings for the night. I walk outside with my uncle ready for the spooky night ahead of us. The cold breeze hits us, sending shivers down my spine. I was able to clearly tell it was fall with the rustling of dry leaves in the dark frigid night. I put on my latex skull mask. The warm cloth from the hood draped down my neck as I felt each thread grazing my skin. I frantically walk into the darkness of the cold halloween night ready to get as much candy as my jack o lantern bag can fit. As I step out of the light into the darkness a family sees me, a dark shadowy figure in a cloak. I extend my arms outward exposing the tassels of the cloak, making my presence known to the other family. Their son, a fellow trick or treater, got scared and quickly ran behind his parents.

Posted November 11, 2022 by sablea in category class writing

1 thoughts on “Emerging from the Crypt

1. msvirgin

I love how you wrote this memory as if it was happening now – it works to bring the reader into the moment. Also, great focus on the events leading up to trick-or-treating. This was fresh and original!

Reply