November 4

5442 days

Five thousand-five hundred-forty-two days, living in a world where no one’s perfect…i’m not perfect, she’s not perfect, he’s not perfect, they’re not perfect, so why should you?? That’s how long I’ve been living in this world but I barely remember what I ate last night. Yeah, we might breathe the same air, be brunettes, have the same body shape or even have the same last name but we all have a mini camera video taping our lives.

I remember the day I was bullied…that day that I came home crying to my mom telling her that I was being called a bunch of cruel names and that I was bullied since I started school, I remember the day I got a puppy, the day our puppy died, the day my niece was born, the day of my sisters quince, the day I first tried boba, the day I met my family in mexico, the day I first heard my first “i’m proud of you”…a teacher had told me that and I was packing up but I wanted to cry because I was trying my hardest to bring that F to an A it’s just I didn’t have anyone to give me motivation, the day someones car crashed into ours…my mom had to go to surgery days later due to the crash because she had already done surgery to her arm since she had to work, the day I moved house to house, the day I first saw my mom burst out crying…my brothers godmother had died and his godfather called her crying. The day I almost fainted in the bathroom…i was in Mexico that’s all I remember and I hadn’t eaten anything for the past 3 days and I have done that a couple times in the past but that doesn’t matter.  But I don’t remember the day or the year those moments happened or why it happened.

But I do remember that day…the day I saw what my dog had made for me, a sky full of clouds with a sneak peak of the sun and the ray of sunlight coming out front a house as if something beautiful was waiting for me on the other side…memories like that, that have me wanting to live the fullest. Moments like having family gatherings during holidays and spending all night having fun, moments like wanting to go to school because school was my favorite place, the moments where I had a collection of barbies and I didn’t care what people thought about them, moments where I thought boys had cooties, the moments where L.O.L dolls were popular and beyblades were popular, moments when we had field trips were so fun and field day was the thing I was most excited about.

Posted November 4, 2022 by aprilzl in category class writing

4 thoughts on “5442 days

1. kayleyku

I can tell you really put a lot of time and emotion into this post. I loved the imagery used in the last paragraph to describe the memories that made life worthwhile for you – I can really feel how these memories impacted you and made you feel.

Reply
  2. henrywe

Most people are afraid to open up about their older problems or even relevant problems, I appreciate the disclose. I found it creative how you tied a past event to something recent from class. Overall, it describes a childhood of unhappiness and how it changed to a brighter future.

Reply
  3. valentinezr

This was really cute. I really enjoyed this piece, and I love how memories that would be considered “sad” are sprinkled into the happy ones. I like how the contrast is there, it makes the writing more realistic- makes it seem more like real life, it’s not just happy.

Reply
  4. msvirgin

The tension you create between painful memories and happy moments creates a strong and powerful message. Life can be hard but it can also be wonderful – thank you for sharing both with us!

Reply